Patheon is one of the world’s largest contract manufacturing and development organizations (CDMOs) offering end-to-end, fully integrated services for both drug substances and drug products. We facilitate both large and small biopharma companies’ ability to deliver life changing therapies to their customers.
Our biologics division is on a strong growth trajectory continuously investing in our global network of facilities to ensure our clients have access to cutting-edge technologies, innovative solutions and product delivered with world class quality. Patheon Biologics is currently a network of four manufacturing sites offering early phase process development in Princeton, NJ, late phase process development and commercial and clinical manufacturing in St. Louis, MO and clinical and commercial manufacturing in Brisbane, Australia and Groningen, The Netherlands. At every level of our organization, at every one of our facilities around the globe, in everything we do, each and every person at Patheon is dedicated to the five commitments that guide our company:
- Provide an industry-leading client experience
- Be the highest quality, most efficient and flexible provider
- Deliver the best technical and scientific solutions to enhance product value
- Create a culture of engagement, accountability and a commitment to excellence in all that we do
- Operate our business in a compliant, safe, disciplined, responsible and ethical fashion
Our clinical manufacturing facility in Brisbane Australia is expanding and we’re looking for talented Bioprocess Scientists to join our downstream group. The Bioprocess Scientist position will be responsible for the performance of operations in support of the manufacture of Clinical Biologics. He/She will be responsible for following Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and carrying out a variety of functions related to Downstream (purification) biopharmaceutical manufacturing. These functions may include but are not limited to activities such as conducting large scale chromatography, viral inactivation, viral filtration, ultrafiltration and diafiltration, as well as aseptic filling of bulk drug substance.
As a Bioprocess Scientist DSP you will work with our Bioprocess Supervisor to:
- Lead and execute manufacturing batch records, work instructions and/or SOPs, with focus on ‘right the first time’ execution.
- Able to assist in all Department functions, such as maintaining suite, supplies, equipment, logbooks and data in accordance with site SOPs and policies.
- Document all activities to meet cGMP requirements.
- Execute document reviews and revisions.
- Proposes and implements corrective or preventive actions level and support to Deviation Reports and writing Deviation Action Reports.
- Critical evaluation of processes, including foresight and thinking ahead, and actively provides feedback.
- Complete preventative maintenance and work notifications tasks on time. Performs equipment testing and routine trouble-shooting.
- Ensure tasks are executed with a method of prioritization - interprete production schedules and complete tasks accordingly. Participate in shift exchanges, 1-1’s, meetings, attend meetings as necessary to facilitate area needs based on changes, etc. (lean activities).
- Given the high value of the products and intermediates the Scientist has to be capable of judging the possible impact of a situation on product quality, yield, EH&S and cGMP compliance
- Due to involvement in the timely execution of manufacturing processes, a fair amount of discipline, organisational skills and flexibility in working hours are required.