When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Division Specific Info
This role is part of the commercial organization supporting the Genetic Sciences Division (GSD) portfolio which provides high-value genomic data to assist critical decisions in research and applied markets – Quantitative PCR | Sanger Sequencing | Human Identification | AgriGenomics.
Location: San Francisco, Mountain View, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto and Santa Clara Areas
How will you make an impact?
The Genetic Analysis Systems Sales Representative is a field-based position that will play a vital role in positioning the company as the number one solution to the customer’s needs by utilizing their strong technical knowledge of qPCR, Sequencing and Microarray.
What will you do?
- Consult with customers on technology solutions within the Genetic Analysis portfolio.
- Develop and manage a business plan to meet or exceed business goals agreed upon by commercial management for assigned territory.
- Manage the sales process including sales forecasting, pipeline management and sales tracking through the use of the Siebel system and other designated IT tools.
- Build successful account and territory plans and translate territory strategy into business results.
- Identify the best technology choice to meet customer needs.
- Actively promote and sell consumable offering throughout the instrument sales process.
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of genetic analysis markets, products and buying practices required to effectively compete in the assigned territory.
- Understand the scientific project and business needs of the customer to position a solution and win the business.
- Demonstrate technical credibility in order to effectively consult with customers and influence key decisions on technology and product choices.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or other related field; Master’s or PhD highly desirable.
- 3+ years of field sales experience in Life Science
- Capital equipment experience
- Extensive knowledge of qPCR, Sequencing and Microarray preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong business acumen
- Funnel management skills
- Strong hunting/prospecting and closing skills
- Knowledge of accounts in assigned territory preferred
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.