Services Sales Specialist (12 Month FTC)
Due to continued growth we require a highly ambitious individual to undertake the role of Services Sales Specialist on a contract basis. You will be responsible for advancing the sales of the company services products by telephone and occasional site visits. Selling to a wide range of accounts, you will directly impact the coverage, growth and profitability of contract renewals and warranty conversion for the Global Services & Support business.
- Generating new business from existing customers and promoting/selling a portfolio of new services
- Ensure that all necessary resources are used in order to close sales in favour of the company
- Works together with product sales to optimise the sales of upfront contracts and coordinate the approach on accounts assigned to service management.
- Build and maintain relationships with customers and potential customers in assigned territory to ensure services information is communicated and strategic competitor information is gathered
- Accurately forecasts future business on a regular basis, or at the request of the Sales Leader
- Starts negotiations early by planning activities well ahead and involves relevant functions such as Service Management, Instrument Sales and others
- Makes best use of available tools to aid territory planning
- Develops and maintains detailed customer/prospect records and ensures that the relevant sales tools reflect this information
Skills & Experience Required:
- The ideal candidate will have a degree level education or equivalent. This is desirable to enable customer discussions, but not essential
- Strong telesales and communications skills are also a huge advantage to successfully undertake this role
- Must be fluent in English, plus fluency in another language would be advantageous
- Strong analytical skills to assess and prioritise sales opportunities and develop sales forecasts
- The right candidate will have solid organisational, time management and prioritisation skills
- Good Microsoft Office skills
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.