The Customer Service Training Specialist II is responsible for delivering learning and development programs to the Customer Service team (CCG Thermo Fisher). These learning and development programs are designed, conducted and managed to equip employees, both new hires and existing employees, with the knowledge and skills to meet their individual performance objectives.
- Conducts customer service training as well as training in other various areas (including personal development skills).
- The training will concentrate on skills and behavior and the transfer of knowledge required to meet customer expectations and performance goals.
- Take material from Subject Matter Experts and develop effective training.
- Participate in onsite go live support as determined.
- Exhibit the components of service excellence, both in their interactions, delivery and in the ability to relate these concepts to course participants.
- Basic understanding and ability to apply adult learning theory.
- Basic understanding of new and current training methodologies, theories and techniques and works with team and/ or manager to apply.
- Executes activities to help meet business goals.
- Has organizational skills to ensure learning activities are completed on-time.
- Has knowledge and applies commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the customer service centers and Learning & Development.
- Understands the need for reviewing measurements of learning transfer and demonstrated behaviors.
- Skilled and experienced at designing and developing elearning modules.
- Basic understanding of the 4 levels of training evaluation (Kirkpatrick).
- Assist in learning related projects and acts as a lead and SME when appropriate. Knows when to engage additional SME as necessary.
- Ability to work with ambiguity in a fast moving, dynamic environment.
- High School diploma or equivalent, bachelor’s degree preferred, or a similar combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 4+ years customer service experience or customer service training environment.
- Previous experience as a CSR in a Customer Service Center is preferred
- Training, mentoring or coaching experience
- Ability to travel up to 5-7%
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively in trainings and written communications
- Knowledge of work related computer equipment
- Outstanding organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to be a role model for Customer Service Representative & call center team members in professionalism, proper phone etiquette, and adherence to CSC procedures
- Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills with the ability to balance multiple responsibilities and competing priorities simultaneously
- Must possess strong leadership and team-building skills
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.