When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
Responsible for sales and related support activities for Thermo Scientific Antibodies and Immunoassays Systems products to specified academic, government or industrial accounts comprising the assigned territory: Northeast (Boston, Northwest MA, VT, RI)
Incumbent must be located within the territory/region with a strong preference for Boston area as a base.
The Senior Technical Sales Specialist is part of the commercial organization supporting the Biosciences Division portifolio which includes reagents, instruments, and consumables from across the division’s six business units: Molecular Biology; Protein and Cell Analysis; Antibodies and Immunoassays; Synthetic Biology; Sample Preparation; and Cell Biology.
How will you make an impact?
The Antibodies and Immunoassays Systems portfolio contains innovative, high quality reagents to researchers worldwide that empower the process of scientific discovery with a strong focus on the areas of cellular immunity, immunotherapy and oncology. Our extensive portfolio of leading edge cell analysis products and technologies focused on flow cytometry and immunodetection position our customers to be at the forefront of science.
What will you do?
- Achievement of assigned territory sales goals
- Providing deep knowledge of the workflows around flow cytometry, immunoassays and other immunology/cell biology applications
- Proactively calling on existing and potential new customers via field visits and by telephone
- Work closely with Thermo Fisher counterparts to develop specific account growth strategy, account mapping and penetration
- Be a strong technical resource to Thermo Fisher counterparts in the areas of assigned portfolio
- Generates and qualifies sales leads by building a strong pipeline
- Maintain appropriate records and process demos, sample requests per Company guidelines
- Gathers, process, and disseminate competitive intelligence and market feedback
- Refer customer complaints/product quality problems to the appropriate functions
- Provide weekly/monthly and other ad hoc reporting as required
- Participate in trade shows, vendor shows and related activities as deemed necessary
- Prepare and implement annual Territory Sales Plan and update as needed
- Special Projects as requested
- Identifies and mitigates competitive barriers
- May provide after sales technical support and customer service
- Coordinates and/or conducts both technical and promotional seminars
- Provides mentorship, if applicable
How will you get here?
Requires a BA or BS in Biology or related field,
Preferred M.Sc. or PhD
- Prior experience working in a laboratory
- Experience and/or familiarity with Cell Biology applications such as ELISA and Flow Cytometry.
- Previous experience as a sales professional in the Life Science area
- Selling experience in the area of Flow Cytometry and / or Immunoassays is preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong technical background in the area of Immunology and/or Cell Biology
- Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Capable of working independently
- Works well in a team environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrates clear and concise communications and is capable of interacting with a diverse population of internal and external contacts
- Ability to partner effectively as part of a team to solve problems, negotiate solutions and arrive at a consensus
- Is customer-centric and keenly aware of markets, trends and competitors
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency, contagious optimism and a “can do” attitude
- Able to work out of home office
- Ability to travel overnight travel up to 20% of the time
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Personal Vehicle required for transportation (car allowance is provided)
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. frequently, walk and or stand up to 8 hours a day, and travel to meet with customers
- High level of willingness for traveling (50%+ dependent on location)
- Hold a valid passport and willing to travel by air
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com