Manage the business relationships with existing commercial clients in order to maximize client service and satisfaction in the overall best interest of Patheon. Serve as the liaison between Pharmaceutical Development Services (PDS) if applicable and Commercial site management to manage the introduction of new products from the PDS pipeline and directly with clients on new Technical Transfer projects.
Client Relationship Management
- Serves as the site leader in all of the sites business activities, representing the client interests, while maximizing the sites financial position.
- Directs and addresses all departments to get the expected results to the clients. Keeping in mind the Patheon values and objectives, gives input to the main sites functions (working in tandem with the General Managers) to deliver in time, in full and “Right first time” goods and services.
- Leads all site clients’ business relationship to ensure all issues are handled promptly and that all communications are timely and accurate.
- Facilitates and directs client direct contact with Subject Mater Expert (SME) on site as appropriate.
- Ensure plan execution is done in full respect of agreements and in compliance with Master Supply Agreement (MSA).
- Using at least the existing tools for escalation, report to Patheon top management structure and central corporate functions all the main happening on sites that could impact the Patheon performances and problems to clients with advices and action plans in place.
Quotations and Supply Agreements
- Negotiation of the complex MSA with clients, take the lead and the responsibility of the negotiation working closely with the North America (NA) central function for contract negotiation. For all relevant sites within the EU, follow process aligned with the principle structure.
- Ensure the Business Management site team are following the process for quotes on new business opportunities.
- Review new business proposals to ensure alignment with financial commitments.
- Ensures the correct assessment of the overall cost of a new or existing project (cost of production, capital requirements).
- Ensures that all annual pricing updates are completed and delivered to the clients per the MSA.
- Ensures that all MSA requirements are executed, including pricing, payment terms, renewals, yield reconciliations, etc.
- Directs project managers to assume control of tech. transfer projects upon validation.
- Provides direction and ensure that all projects between the sites and clients are executed according to the project plan.
- Lead the identification and implementation of new initiatives with tools within Operational Excellence.
- Resolves the complex Technical Transfer (TT) issues with other sites functions to respect the timelines and technical activities.
Relationship with other Patheon Functions
- Works in tandem with General Managers to lead the site according to Patheon value, policies and respecting agreements with clients.
- Drive all site business activities through managing the BM & TT team with Business Development, Finance, Quotations and other internal Patheon functions.
- Serve as an active member of the site's Management Team, and represents the site's business area in Patheon internal business review activities.
- Can be a member of the Global Business Management Leadership team.
Financial and Forecast Management
- Ensures commercial client forecasts are current and posted into the Business Process Manager (BPM)
- Ensure forecasts for new products/PDS projects are assessed and posted into the BPM to reflect the best information on the opportunity.
- Know all of the Patheon financial obligations within the Master Service Agreement (MSA) and works with Finance to assure compliance.
- Provides strategic input and participate in the sites Business Plan and ongoing forecasts.
Talent and team management
- Engages, coaches, enables exceptional performance within the Business Management team. Identifies, attracts, motivates, retains superior talent.
- Creates meaningful development opportunities and provides mentorship.
- Generates and executes development plans for BM &TT team.
- Defines Goals and Objectives for the BM &TT team.
- University Degree in Science, Finance and/or Business required.
- Preference for Masters of Business Administration (MBA) degree.
- Ten + years’ related experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry.
- Working knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing and outsourcing including familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft (MS) Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Share point, MS Project)
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Strong leadership and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated decision making capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to balance/maintain conflicting goals, responsibilities, and priorities of the organization.
- Demonstrated success as agent of change.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, as well as the ability to motivate and lead.
- Proficiency with the English language.
- Talent management and team building.
- Ability to work with internal and external senior level executives.
- Ability to work between business units.
- Business acumen (financial and technical).