Position Location: Basingstoke
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Microbiology Division (MBD) sits within Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Speciality Diagnostic Group. Our customers worldwide trust our microbiology solutions for the diagnosis of infectious disease and detection of bacterial contamination.
The Dehydrated Culture Media (DCM) team is responsible for the manufacturing and production of all Oxoid culture media. These products are used for the growth of microbiological organisms for scientific research and clinical diagnosis.
In the fast paced manufacturing environment, multiple batches of material are processed through the area each shift. The production process is split into two stages, the first stage we blend the raw materials to form the dry culture powders. The second stage is the filling and labelling of various pack sizes ready for our customers to help diagnose disease and identify contamination.
The DCM manufacturing team operates two shifts with a Production Shift Lead who is responsible for the day to day management of their shift. Each shift is made up of 9 members (Production Shift Lead, Deputy Production Shift Lead and 7 Production Operators).
- Take accountability for your shift and team results utilising operating principles and available resources to achieve your shift goals;
- Set direction for your shift team through daily collaboration in developing priorities and plans around gaps, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Working with your counterpart Shift Lead, establish and maintain basic standards for the team including around safety, quality, and other core areas.
- Support your team by working to resolve any barriers preventing the achievement of your shift goals.
- Lead the upskilling of your shift team through training on skills around the operation, maintenance, changeover and troubleshooting of equipment;
- Strive to provide an environment that encourages individual and team growth through continuous feedback and coaching.
- Displaying leadership ability, you can take accountability for your team, your successes and challenges;
- You have managed direct reports across the employee lifecycle and are experienced at all aspects of people management;
- With good attention to detail, you approach situations with a meticulous eye on safety, quality and procedures;
- You have excellent troubleshooting skills with a focus on finding a solution through to resolution;
- You are a motivated individual with a drive for structured and self-development.
Please note this role requires regular shifts (6.00-14.00 or 14.00-22.00) on a Tuesday-Saturday working week.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com