Leads complex and cross functional engineering projects including definition of objective, scope, site impact, resources, costs, sourcing, identifying, specifying, purchasing and installing equipment, design/modification of existing or new facilities to meet site/company requirements.
Engineering Design and Project Management
Designs, directs, controls and monitors complex engineering projects using Project Management process to assure that the designs and specifications will achieve the full desired objective of the project, focusing on reduced costs, improved productivity, quality and Good Manufacturing Practices compliance.
- Selects and directs the engineering contractor as needed.
- Monitors progress and assures all assigned projects are being completed as intended, on time and within budget.
- Develops and presents recommended project solutions along with realistic cost estimates to internal clients.
- Makes appropriate changes to the scope as the scope changes during the course of the project.
- Develops, reviews, and understands engineering drawings that include equipment recommendations. Specifies construction methods to achieve the desired objectives
- Develops, reviews and understands specifications for new equipment with equipment vendors and site customers and for facility modifications with contractors and site customers.
- Develops, reviews and understands specifications for facility modifications with contractors and site customers.
Engineering Construction Supervision and Start-Up of a Project
Directs, controls and monitors construction phases of complex engineering projects to assure that the project is implemented per the established scope, on time, and within budget. Assures compliance with all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) required documentation for all installed equipment.
- Creates or assists in the creation of detailed bid packages for contractors and equipment vendors. Selects and directs construction contractors /equipment vendors.
- Assists and/or coordinates creation and execution of Installation Qualification (IQ)/Operational Qualification (OQ)/Performance Qualification (PQ) protocols and change control documentation.
- Continually monitors the contractors’ safety performance and promptly rectifies any safety violations that occur.
- Continually monitors the contractors’ quality of work and promptly rectifies any quality or job performance deficiencies.
- Manages the process of installing and commissioning equipment and/or modifying facilities to meet site customer and company client requirements with minimal interruption to operational schedules, ensuring good engineering practices are adhered to for the construction, installation and commissioning of new processes and facilities.
Project Administrative Tasks
- Defines, controls, audits, and be accountable for project scope and costs to assure that approved funds are effectively utilized. .
- Tracks project costs and authorizes payments to contractors.
- Maintains project records and communicates to supervision and upper management project costs, status, and safety conditions.
Serve as facility and utility technical consultant to the site
- Works with internal or external clients to troubleshoot problems, recommends solutions, and provides designs. Attends design review and project planning meetings. Shares knowledge and assists training entry level engineers.
- Promotes and facilitates the company’s growth in facility and utility technology.
- 8 years’ experience in project management within a pharmaceutical or food manufacturing environment. Combination of other experience and skills will be also considered.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications including MS Project.
- Knowledge of ACAD.
- Strong judgment, decision making and trouble shooting skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Proficiency with the English language.