When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Product Manager is part of the Laboratory Products Division (LPD) which unites deep scientific expertise, a collaborative culture and rich resources to deliver the equipment that our customers need to achieve their goals – quickly, reliably and safely. This position is based in Newington, NH at the Temperature Control Business Unit’s main office co-located with the Leadership Team, Product Management, Commercial Management, R&D and Service functions.
How will you make an impact?
The Product Manager will manage a $20M product portfolio with a dedicated European customer. Managing the lifecycle of the portfolio and driving a new product initiative. This product portfolio will have several simultaneous Projects that will be managed by individual Project Managers (Obsolete component mitigation of the existing platform, New Product Development of the next generation platform, Process & Quality improvements and cost reduction initiatives).
What will you do?
- Setting up a program structure to coordinate all the different ongoing projects and manage priorities. Provide program oversight and manage conflicts, critical path resolution, risk identification/assessment and escalation for the program.
- On a biweekly basis, the respective Project Managers will report out status to the candidate using a common template.
- On a quarterly basis, the candidate will report out to the Leadership Team and the customer on status of the Projects.
How will you get here?
- B.S./B.A. in technical or business related field, PMP certification is highly desirable
- Minimum 8 years of Product Management and Project or Program Management experience.
- Experience in more than one role (Example: Sales AND Product Management) within a commercial organization is strongly preferred.
- Ability to negotiate/influence others and influence at a senior level without direct authority leading a team to collective achievements.
- Strong business acumen (ability to build business relationships with multiple levels of management, internal and external customers).
- Demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Proven facilitator that effectively coordinates and leads efforts and input from various internal functional groups.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities (i.e., demeanor, behaviors, innovation, integrity, involvement and intensity), has strong organizational and prioritization skills (ability to react appropriately to changing priorities and impending deadlines) and demonstrates a positive attitude and desire to succeed.
- Strong analytical and business planning skills and demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills to many diverse customer audiences from peers to executives, both internal and external including strong presentation skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, and process management skills.
- 25% international travel to our European manufacturing facility and European customer; must have or be able to obtain.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.