This position's primary role is to set up, adjust, and operate a folding machine to fold printed materials to prescribed specifications, including types and number of folds, paper size, and thickness. Responsible for meeting customer fold specifications including types and number of folds, paper size, and thickness. Operation includes the ability to continuously improve job make ready/setup times and production run speeds while maintaining strict quality standards in accordance with cGMP and SOPs.
- Prepares make-ready of the feeder, glue system, folder plates, right angle knife folder, delivery stacker, pack station and inspection systems.
- Sets up, adjusts, and operates folding machine to fold printed sheets to prescribed specifications, including types and number of folds, paper size, and thickness.
- Responsible for meeting customer fold specifications including construction types and number of folds, paper size, and thickness.
- Sets up and operates automated computer controlled integrated inspection system.
- Operation includes the ability to continuously improve job make ready/setup times and production run speeds while maintaining strict quality standards in accordance with cGMP and SOPs.
- Operates folder/gluer in accordance with customer specifications and current standard operating procedures.
- Ensures total quality of the job while in operation.
- Maintains the machine and area in accordance with the standard operation procedures.
- Maintains daily and monthly production goals and schedules proactively relaying any obstacles encountered to management to insure smooth operations.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and demonstrate team work when necessary to insure jobs are completed per established timelines.
- Maintains the press and storage area in a constant state of cleanliness. This includes putting away tools and stock after use, properly disposing of all excess and scrap after each run, cleaning up any scrap or stock that may be on the floor and taking out the garbage at the end of the shift and maintaining the storage area.
- Performs preventative maintenance and minor repairs on equipment
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner.
- Applies Good Manufacturing Principles in all areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 2+ years’ experience working with folding equipment
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner with internal customers.
• Must be able to accept work instructions on a daily basis.
• Cooperative and professional team player
• Ability to learn new tasks and accept new responsibilities
• Ability to lift and maneuver materials weighing up to 70 lbs.
- Prior experience operating folding equipment