When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Field Service Representative services and repairs instrumentation in the field and in the shop as well as provides proper installation of instrumentation and offers support to Sales to solve service related problems. The Field Service Representative displays a high level of ability and competence, especially in the area of face to face customer service skills. At least 50% of repairs are performed in the field.
What will you do?
- Works on a broad range of general instrumentation and/or major instrumentation or spends over 60% of time on one line of instrumentation with some portion of their time on other instrumentation.
- Provides proper installation of instrumentation and offers support to Sales to solve service related problems. Occasionally carries out employees’ or customers’ training.
- Self schedules work efficiently.
- Conducts self in a professional manner and is clear and concise in explanations to customers.
- Advises customers of repair status. Gives full and detailed account of time and work performed via the service work order. Adheres to standards relating to work orders.
- Promotes Thermo Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and the Services and Products we offer.
- Remains technically current on the lines for which he/she is responsible through factory, on the job, or self-training.
- Ensures instrumentation is properly packed for shipment or returned to stock.
- Assists with shipping and receiving duties as required.
- Ensures continuity of operations and integrity of calibrations (where applicable). Understands and follows the Quality System. Reads and understands the Quality System Manual and supporting documentation relevant to their area of quality processes and procedures
How will you get there?
Education and Experience
- Graduate of a recognized technical institution in the discipline of Electronics or equivalent education and/or experience.
- Must have a minimum of two years experience as either a Service Technician or two years as a Field Service Technician
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.