Title: Sr. Digital Content Specialist
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Sr. Digital Content Specialist is a content creator, editor, and strategist who standardizes and optimizes customer-facing digital content. The successful candidate is detail-oriented and has a talent for creating & organizing scientific and marketing content to make it accessible and engaging to a customers. The Sr. Digital Content Specialist is passionate about writing and communicating effectively, is a subject matter expert for businesses, eBusiness, and IT teams, and is effective in helping to maintain an outstanding customer experience.
What will you do?
- Ensure that digital content is accurate, consistent, and complete, and adheres to the digital publishing guide, and editorial, SEO, and brand standards
- Create, edit, review, and align marketing, educational, product, support, and search content using best practices for campaigns, new product introductions, integration projects, and routine maintenance of business
- Write / edit / advocate content that is customer focused and engaging. Take the lead on new product introductions, ensuring that they occur on schedule and with all marketing, educational, and collateral in place.
- Focus on educational and informational content build-out as a long-term strategy for enhancing the customer experience and buying journey and positioning Thermo Fisher Scientific as a world class leader in scientific and laboratory instrumentation and software.
- Provide direction to other content developers & stakeholders
- Act as the subject matter expertise for tactics that excel digitally while also being able to speak and present content in a manner that appeals to scientists.
- Work independently to develop content strategy, and to manage, coordinate, and prioritize tactics and projects, delivering on time and on budget
- Analyze internal and external customer needs, addressing customer feedback, and participating in voice of customer studies and content optimization projects to improve the presentation of content
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with business partners in meetings and using content tracking systems
How will you get there?
- Over 5 years’ experience writing scientific content or technical marketing content
- Over 5 years’ experience with websites or product content, and content management systems
- Impeccable writing, spelling, grammar, and proofreading skills
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, time management, and communication skills
- Keen attention to detail, and a high regard for quality
- Strong organization, verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Understanding of taxonomy, content tagging, content use, and structure
- Experience with patients and healthcare providers or content suitable for these personas
- BA/BS or MA/MS in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, structural biology or comparable experience.
- Knowledge of mass spectrometry and chromatography a plus.
- Ability to travel at low frequency for team, project, and business meetings
- Masters or PhD in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, structural biology with knowledge of chromatography or mass spectrometry techniques, or related experience
- Hands-on laboratory experience
- Highly motivated with a demonstrated ability to take initiative to drive content improvements
- Sophisticated knowledge of English usage (grammar, spelling, punctuation, language usage, audience sensitivity) and scientific content types
- Familiarity with web analytics and search engine optimization
- Project management experience