When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Provide support to develop lean expertise and capability within the organization at all levels while providing ongoing Lean coaching to multiple teams
- Drives lean thinking to create enterprise level value stream management including customer interfacing, quality and new product development areas
- Lead cross-functional teams to deploy standard operating procedures and process improvements
- Lead and facilitate training in LEAN and PPI Principles for the organization by implementing standard process improvement tools for both non-operations and operations departments
- Analyze highly complex production and processes and partner with key business stakeholders to identify opportunities, present ideas, and make recommendations based upon analysis to further business goals
- Lead/work with functional teams to implement and streamline processes to improve the customer experience, enable profitable growth and become more efficient
- Insightfully cultivate an action-biased culture of continuous improvement to improve KPIs, in the areas of customer, finance, people and quality
- Improve the decision-making model and problem solving capabilities within high performance teams to increase autonomy and the pace of change
- Work with the expanded team to develop/promote/standardize the PPI Business System including capturing productivity as a key target
- Lean practitioner with over 10+ years’ experience and a ‘hands-on’ track record of implementing successful TPS-based business systems including elements such as: Lean Leadership (Target Condition Thinking, Daily Management, Leader Standard Work, and Gemba Walks). Strategy Deployment, KPI Leadership and Value-stream Mapping.
- Expertise in problem-solving utilizing a formal program/process, Kaizen events on operators standard work, cell design, process and product 3P, Value-Analysis/Value Engineering, error-proofing, material flow, variation reduction, and Kanban.
- Formal Six Sigma expertise enabling the ability to manage and drive complex projects to completion
- Bachelor degree minimum, preferred advanced degree, with concentration in continuous improvement curriculumQuality or R&D management background
- Experience of facilitating transformational change in regulatory environment
- Able to drive strategic thinking and continuous improvement in both non-operational and operational areas, including connecting the cross-functional resources to remove waste along the extended value streams
- ~50% travel
- Self-directed leader with a proven ability to manage/influence across and up into the organization without direct reporting responsibility
- Proven track record for developing, training, and coaching teams while implementing a driving a Business Systems approach
- Broad knowledge of multi-functional, multi-site, global organizational processes and financial business methods.
- High ethical standards to support a professional business code of conduct.
Relocation is budgeted for this role.