Material Handlers receive, store, pick, pack, retrieve, stage and deliver raw materials and WIP (Work in Progress) used in production. This position will include 70% yard jockeying using yard truck to move trailers in and out of dock doors, and 30% performing Material Handler duties for two buildings on site.
What will you do?
- Participate in Middletown Scrap process.
- Perform cycle counting and receiving process (location specific).
- Have good understanding of the various systems used in Inventory Control (SAP, DR, etc.).
- Receive, verify and store inbound deliveries.
- Store and handle Retains; store and handle incoming raw materials and released materials in accordance with established warehouse procedures.
- Pick and pack orders for shipments and production.
- Deliver staged material to specified production areas.
- Verify quantities and transfer released finish goods to Distribution.
- Maintain proper storage of hazardous waste kept in the Hazard Room; maintain equipment and storage areas as prescribed in a neat and clean manner to meet housekeeping standards.
- Operate mechanical equipment (tow motor, walking riders) in a safe manner in accordance with company and regulatory requirements.
- Prepare Domestic, Import and Export shipments (includes paperwork preparation and communication with freight forwarders)
- Maintain packaging supplies and pallet inventories.
- Coordinate courier shipments using established Fed-Ex and UPS systems
- Comply with all corporate and government guidelines (SOP, GMP, Procedures, etc.).
- Perform all duties in a safe manner and comply with all Corporate and government safety guidelines..
- Performs miscellaneous duties as required.
How will you get there?
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Previous experience in pick/pack/ship and tow motor operations is required. Previous tow motor certification is required.
- Data entry skills and general knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Employee to employ traditional lifting techniques for materials up to 75 lbs. Items over 75 lbs will require the employee to use non-traditional techniques including, push-pull method, automated lifts and other equipment or additional techniques. Employee will be trained in these techniques upon employment. Employees already in position will require one time training.
- Physical Requirements: Exposure to hazardous materials requires knowledge of proper protection, handling and storage techniques.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Good math skills for verifying receipts and maintaining accurate inventory.
- Safely operate and maintain material movement equipment.
- This position will require the use of a yard tractor to jockey trailers at our facility for both buildings as well as other Material Handling duties on a daily basis. CDL license is not required; individual may be asked to obtain certification once hired.
- Valid driving license is required. Driving record must be in good standing.
- Must be flexible and willing to work overtime including weekends if necessary.
This position is not eligible for relocation benefits.
As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than $18B in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.