Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
We are recruiting for a QC Technician to join our team at Inchinnan, Paisley, on a permanent basis.
Perform raw material and finished goods release testing according to standard operating procedures in a timely and efficient manner. Key tasks include:
- Raw Material Sampling and testing
- Water sampling and testing
- Microbiological techniques including bioburden.
- Identification by FTIR, basic wet chemistry techniques.
- Daily checks of Laboratory equipment
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Utilise the Trackwise system for non conformances, deviations, Corrective and Preventative Actions (CAPA).
- Maintain 5S standards
- Maintain thorough and complete product test records per in house testing procedures and in accordance with ISO 13485 standards.
- Participate in personal development opportunities to further enhance skills and knowledge relevant to the position.
- Support and maintain company’s Safety, Environmental and waste program
Requires a bachelors degree within biological and/or chemistry science
- Experience working within a laboratory enviroment
- Strong organisational skills and a commitment to excellence
- Ability to prioritise assignments
- Able to work independently as well as work within a diverse team
- Familiar with MS Office products
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
This role has contact across all departments primarily Quality Assurance and technical departments
This role is based within a laboratory environment. The successful candidate must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials. You be expected to perform frequent manual handling.
*LI - KP1