Sr. Manager, IT - Employee Experience Services
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
The Sr. Manager, IT - Employee Experience Service will manage day-to-day Global Service Desk operations with a focus on metrics and continuous improvement. Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Leading daily tier board calls and weekly/monthly/quarterly service delivery reviews
- Provide oversight to account administration and Level 1 support scope
- Interface daily with supplier to manage issues and escalations
- Drive Shift Left program to help service desk provide more value to IT and end users
- Own service level management for service desk supplier
What will you do?
- Drive reporting requirements for service desk performance
- Collaborate with IT organizations – divisional IT and shared services IT
to integrate processes and ensure that service desk is working closely with all of IT, and develop relationships of trust and engagement with IT and Business IT teams
- Champion collaboration and communication between the Service Desk and the wider IT organization, by serving as a focal point for colleague issues / escalations or non-standard issues or requests
- Deal with any customer issues or complaints and work with third line teams to expedite call resolutions where required
- Help to manage changes to supplier service desk contract – contribute ideas to strengthen SOW, work with supplier to negotiate service improvement
- Develop road map for colleague support to include technology and process and staffing strategy
- Contribute to ensuring that work is conducted in line with audit control objectives and any local legal or site specific protocols.
- In conjunction with the ETO Senior Director - EMEA , assist with the development and implementation of an annual operating plan to include vendor staffing plans, budget and quality improvement plans.
How will you get here?
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with desktop technologies with at least 3 years functioning in an oversight role for service desk for a sizable user environment (>3000 users)
- Experience working in ITIL v3 framework with demonstrated focus in Incident Management and Knowledge Management
- Experience in supplier management including service delivery management
- Familiarity with standard project management framework and ability to serve as sponsor of projects with the assistance of a PM
- Strong understanding of ITIL processes
- High comfort level with industry-standard service management software platforms. Experience with ServiceNow a plus
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong problem-solving skills based on getting to the root cause of issues and incidents
- Effective decision maker, particularly in stressful or demanding scenarios with the ability to apply a lateral thought process to problem resolution.
- Able to assume and complete assignments independently
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed organization
- Ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from others in sensitive situations
- Previous experience in hiring employees and completing performance evaluations
- Excellent communications skills with the personality/demeanor to be an evangelist for employee experience, with strong presentation and interpersonal skills. Be an “Influencer”, willing to visit sites and to be a marketer for IT Services and initiatives
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com