When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
This Pricing Analyst role is located in Hillsboro, OR and is in the Analytical Instruments Group (AIG) and the Materials and Structural Analysis Division (MSD).
This Pricing Analyst is part of the Global Pricing function which is responsible for driving value-based pricing strategy and selling process across multiple BUs and regions in MSD, facilitating pricing initiatives and tools to improve profitability, managing pricing structure and reporting pricing results. The Pricing Analyst will be responsible for monitoring CRM price list structure and supporting price upload process, developing analytical tools, performing customer, material, regional, and sales analysis, providing reporting for division management, and ensuring adherence to internal policies. The pricing analyst will interface regularly with the global product lines and commercial organizations supporting sales and marketing initiatives as well as the ongoing review of price positioning.
- Monitor and review CRM price list structure and price upload process.
- Provide analysis and technical support for pricing initiatives that include setting list prices, discount practices, support new product introduction, and identify market opportunities.
- Retrieve, consolidate, analyze and summarize data from large data sets using SQL, MS Access, or Excel.
- Develop analysis to help guide sales team in setting strategic prices in the market, implement pricing improvement programs, and track financial impact.
- Assist commercial organizations and product lines in determining optimized customer pricing.
- Provide subject matter expertise to sales and marketing teams on pricing strategy and implementation.
- Drive implementation of business, segment, and customer strategies.
- Identify, validate, and execute opportunities for sales performance improvements.
- Perform analysis and prepare executive-level summary of findings.
- Perform ad hoc data analysis as required.
- Support the development and refinement of tools, policies, and procedures that enhance existing performance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Business/Finance/Marketing/Economics or related fields, or comparable years of experience
- Minimum 2 years of work experience preferred
- Strategic thinker and problem solver
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Excellent analytical capabilities
- Advanced knowledge of EXCEL
- Database experience with either MS Access or SQL Server
- Experience with database queries and large data sets
- Relates well to all personality types inside and outside the organization
- Builds appropriate rapport and uses diplomacy and tact
- Occasional domestic and international travel may be required
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.