Requisition ID: 65062BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
High Point, NC
How will you make an impact?
Weighs raw materials, loads gelatin silos, mixes/batches raw materials to produce a quality gelatin mass for use in Encapsulation.
Schedule will be 7p – 7a on the D shift.
What will you do?
- Work safely to prevent on-the-job accidents and injuries by observing moving equipment and adhering to all job safety procedures. It is essential that all PPE requirements are understood and followed at all times.
- Verifiy the work of other Gelatin Operators by checking batch records, weight tapes, log books at each step, documents check by signing and dating appropriately.
- Read and adhere to workplace materials such as SOPs, Batch Records, cGMPs, MSDS memos, employee handbook, and company bulletins.
- Ensure all documentation in official records is accurate, clearly written, and errors are corrected, properly initialed and dated.
- Load Silos by hoisting Gel Powder in Super Sacks over silo feed chutes, properly prepares super sacks for transfer, sign and verifiy entries in the log book, and enter gelatin transfer into the “Material Track“ software.
- Transfer completed gelatin batches into receivers per work instruction, check sample for quality attributes.
- Monitor AGMS software while gel batch is in process acknowledging system messages and making manual additions as required.
- Identify correct dye ingredients as required per the batch record and transfer to the Gelatin Dye Weigh Room.
- Weigh dye according to Batch Records by using digital scale, print results and attach to the batch record; Identify weighed dye containers properly.
- Mix gelatin receivers prior to delivering to the dispensing area.
- Check gelatin mass for viscosity and documents result.
How will you get here?
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent required.
- Twelve months of manufacturing experience, preferably in an FDA regulated facility.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Proficient in reading and writing in English.
- Able to work well in a team environment.
- Able to lift up to 50lbs on a regular basis
- Basic level of computer skills minimally required.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.