When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Technical Operations team manages and maintains customer production as well as internal environments in the cloud. We treat operations as a software problem and use software-defined-architecture, infrastructure-as-code and DevOps tools and processes. We strive to continuously learn, adapt and improve our maturity level. We rely on automation and continuous delivery/monitoring to ensure high availability and quality of our cloud services.
- Office IT and Helpdesk for Digital Science employees (remote and onsite)
- Work with Corporate IT and streamline IT processes
- Manage Employee onboarding/offboarding and equipment purchases/setup
- Ability to lift office computers and equipment
- Assist staff with IT needs during external/internal meetings and presentations
- Design, maintain and improve quality, performance, scalability and availability of 24X7 production and internal environments
- Develop, document and implement best practices for security and disaster recovery
- Proactively monitor services and respond to and troubleshoot issues
- Escalate problems (when required) to appropriate Digital Science team members
- Maintain processes, tools, and documentation in support of the customer environments
- Identify opportunities to implement automation and carry through on implementation
- Plan and perform scheduled maintenance and product upgrades (during and after-hours) on rotation basis
- Deploy new versions of Digital Science software to customer systems
- Work in scheduled on-call rotation
- Author and contribute to Infrastructure Documentation and Knowledgebase
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or a related field, or 4 years of equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ administration experience and in depth knowledge of operation systems and networking (processes, logs, sockets, shell, TCP/IP, DNS, LDAP, firewalls, load balancers, SSL, VPN, OSI layers)
- Experience running medium to large scale multi-tier distributed systems with Linux/Unix, Windows OS, VMWare, Apache Tomcat and Java
- Experience with Oracle (or MYSQL): configuration, troubleshooting, and management.
- Scripting experience including shell scripting (Linux, Windows), Python, Perl, PHP, C/C++
- Knowledge of agile software development and release management processes
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in high-pressure environment
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Systematic approach to problem solving and strong sense of ownership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) highly desirable.
- Oracle/DBA experience preferred
- Informatics experience with LIMS and other related software packages is high desirable
- Public Cloud: Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD.) Tools: Jenkins, GIT, Chef
- Containers and Microservices
- Security: Penetration testing, IDS/IPS, OWASP, SANS Top 25 and CWE
- Standards/Compliance, HIPAA, NIST, FISMA
- Open to working flexible hours. In-office hours between 11am and 8pm would be supported.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.