When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
We seek an experienced Scientist to join our cross-functional team and contribute to the research and development of the semiconductor chip products at the core of our Next Generation Sequencing products and platforms. This role will require mastery of the sensor at the core of our technology and how it interacts both with the CMOS electronics beneath it as well as the sequencing systems and platforms around it. Experience with data analysis tools and programming languages will be an invaluable asset for this role. Expected responsibilities supporting chip development and technology transfer programs would include development of novel analyses and tools, hands-on characterization, and translation of results into chip and system design and development inputs.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, agile, and able to contribute to a wide range of projects concerning the chips themselves and their integration with other systems and platforms. Strong experimental and analytical skills will be required to navigate complexity in our devices and the platforms in which they are utilized. Collaboration and communication across a wide range of fields will also be necessary, including but not limited to circuit design, semiconductors, electronics, software, engineering, chemistry, and molecular biology.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related field (PhD 3+ years, MS 6+ years, BS 9+ years of experience)
- Experience with CMOS electronics and electrical characterization
- Training and experience in solid state device physics and circuit analysis
- Programming experience in Python, C++, or related languages
- Basic working knowledge of Linux and command line operations
- Strong problem-solving, experimental, and data analysis & visualization skills
- Works well with others, especially in multidisciplinary teams
- Strong self-motivation with an independent, self-starter mentality
- Familiarity with semiconductor fabrication
- Experience with analytical tools such as machine learning, SQL/Django database interaction
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to present experimental design and results to others in a clear, concise, and accurate way
- Knowledge of next-generation sequencing technologies
- Ability to multitask and rapidly adjust to contribute to new projects
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com