Job Title: DRP Planner
Requisition ID: 66161BR
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Position Summary and Key Responsibilities:
The principal objective of the DRP Planner is to ensure that we have the correct inventory available of finished goods in the correct place at the correct time, while optimizing inventory levels with regards to backorders, inventory and stock write offs. This should be achieved by establishing KPI’s alongside implementation of continuous process improvements, improved data integrity, solid operating mechanisms and close collaboration with key partners along the global supply chain.
The incumbent encounters varying work situations, involving moderate complexity, considerable independent judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations. The incumbent must demonstrate judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers. Having initiative and organization skills are extremely valuable to ensure a smooth office operation. The incumbent May determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Place orders with intercompany suppliers
- Manage existing open orders vs. Business Requirements: Cancels and Defers.
- Ensure day to day focus on backorders, coaching team on root cause analysis and prevention and investigate opportunities to clear backorders through alternative warehouse, etc.
- Participate in Global operating mechanisms to improve supplier order fulfillment
- Lead Lifecycle Management process to identify products with too much inventory, products approaching expiration, slow moving products, in order to optimize inventory, reducing backorders and write offs.
- Lead abnormal demand reviews to proactively ensure safety stocks and forecasts reflect changing demand patterns.
- Participate in cross functional improvement projects
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management, Operations or Material preferred or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of experience in distribution or production planning and scheduling, inventory control, logistics, material management.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) process and Distribution Requirements Planning (DRP) process.
- Familiar with the concepts of demand/pull, replenishment, and the basic principles of inventory management (turns, cost to serve, etc.)
This position is does not have relocation assistance
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.