When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Software Test Engineer will develop/test software products for diagnostic quality controls. The ideal candidate will be a true team player who is passionate about delivering simple, effective, customer-focused products while working alongside Chemists, Molecular Biologists, and Engineers in a fast-paced environment, developing cutting edge software for medical diagnostic applications.
What will you do?
- Write and execute test protocols for IVD software diagnostics products.
- Troubleshoot, debug, and define corrective actions.
- Work closely with engineering/development to understand requirements.
- Review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g., defect densities and open defect counts).
- Monitor all phases of the SW development process.
- Ensure new product development meets quality requirements.
- Work with design control and change management to ensure a robust process.
- Work with release management process to ensure a timely product launch.
How will you get here?
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related discipline (Engineering preferred) plus 5 years of direct related experience in software testing/development.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude.
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors.
- Experience writing and executing on test protocols.
- Troubleshooting experience for software issues.
- Experience reviewing system requirements and tracking quality assurance metrics.
- Must be highly collaborative, have the ability to work within a diverse team, and contribute to a supportive, positive work environment both within the team and in the greater site-wide community.
- Experience with testing web-base software application; C# experience is big plus.
- Knowledge of FDA regulations for software product development.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.