Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Full P&L (Financial Planning & Analysis and Accounting Controls) responsibility for the Asia Pacific and India sites within the Clinical Trials Division (CTD), including sites in China, Japan, Singapore, South Korea and India.
• Provides financial leadership and strategic business partnership to the CTD APACI leadership teams to drive initiatives to sustain double digit growth
• Drives ongoing and strategizes new projects and initiatives to support the business growth including but not limited to: footprint expansions, service line / capability expansions and investments, controls modification/implementation, financial system implementation
• Oversee the monthly close & management reporting, ensure business unit, divisional and corporate deadlines are met and escalate any issues or anomalies.
• Co-ordinate the monthly forecasting and annual planning processes; direct reports to review the outputs with the General Managers and communicate to the Network Leadership Team via current process
• Ensure internal controls are in place and the corporate authority approval matrix is followed. Review and sign off on monthly key account reconciliations and quarterly business unit representation letters.
• Ensure full compliance with all local and corporate accounting policies and principles.
• Perform regular balance sheet & compliance reviews.
• Act as a business partner to the General Managers helping them to meet key operating and financial goals by providing insight to the business and supporting decision making.
• Prepare analysis and authorization requests for significant capital investments, commercial opportunities and restructuring.
• Review financial processes and work with the sites to implement consistency, action productivity improvements, eliminate revenue leakage and improve profitability.
• Provide leadership and development for the finance team. Establish & monitor departmental and individual goals.
• Oversee recruitment and develop a succession plan. Motivate & enable the team to become better business partners.
• Foster the spirit of communication and continuous improvement within the organization leveraging the PPI business system as applicable.
• Strong understanding of US GAAP, ability to set and implement best practices for accounting and financial processes within the Asia Pacific & India region.
• Ability to work across various cultures and timezones. Global partnership and alignment is crucial to the success of this role.
• Ad hoc – co-ordinate and support various ad hoc projects and request for data or analysis as required.
Position reports directly to the Finance Director, Global Logistics in Clinical Trials Division.
Position will have 3-5+ direct reports.
Primary Contacts/Internal Clients include:
• General Managers and their management teams in APAC & India
• Finance departments of CTD globally
• Facilities Network Functional leadership team
• Global Logistics Financial Analyst & Finance Manager
• Thermo Fisher Corporate Finance
Education / Qualifications
• Bachelors Degree or Equivalent in Finance, Accounting, Economics
• 5+ Years of Relevant Experience
• Fluency in English Speaking/Reading/Writing Required
• Fluency in Mandarin Speaking/Reading/Writing is preferred but not required
• Experience with Hyperion / Essbase a plus
• Advanced Excel and analytical skills required