We are looking for an individual with a passion to grow in the employee / corporate communications field, someone who is a well-rounded team player who can jump in to support our diverse initiatives, partner with the team and be our go-to person to get things done. If you are seeking a meaningful, challenging opportunity to make a difference and are ready to make your first career move after graduating and take on an entry level communications position, then the newly created Employee Communications Associate role could be perfect for you.
How you’ll help make a difference: Based in our Singapore Marsiling office, also Thermo Fisher Asia Pacific regional headquarters, the Employee Communications Associate role is integral to keeping our global colleagues engaged, inspired and connected. By writing news stories, developing engaging and inspiring content and producing the e-newsletters, your voice, words and creativity will help strengthen the employee brand, drive engagement and positively influence our company culture.
How we’ll help you: You’ll be supported by a small, talented and driven team who are committed to driving world-class communications. You will be challenged, mentored and exposed to continuous learning opportunities that will strengthen your writing and communications skills and support your career development.
- Under the guidance of the Asia Pacific (APAC) Corporate Employee Communications Leader, help support the overall APAC employee communications strategy and various projects.
- Research, write and publish internal news stories to the company intranet, including the review, selection and development of employee story submissions for final approval and publication.
- Develop the content for the regional “APAC Insights” quarterly all-employee e-newsletter for approval and liaise with the eBusiness team to conduct the final testing and distribution process.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of and updates to the company intranet. Provide maintenance and back up for the APAC regional iConnect sites and projects where needed. May help maintain and develop content for the Singapore, Southeast Asia and Taiwan iConnect country sites.
- Support the integration of key messages to ensure they are prioritized, aligned with our company messaging platform and delivered on schedule.
- Assist the APAC Corporate Employee Communications Leader and broader Corporate Employee Communications team with various projects as needed.
- Support the following key business groups with their employee communications and programs:
- The APAC Research and Development (R&D) leadership and general employee communications.
- The Life Sciences Solutions Group (LSG) employee communications projects such as: APAC News in Brief, LSG project support, internal “Porcelain Press” posters development for sites across Singapore and APAC.
- Other LSG support may include: coordinating LSG People Leaders calls, assistance with LSG all employee meetings and ensuring Life Sciences Solutions Group (LSG) content and stories shared with the company on the new iConnect and existing communications vehicles.
- Southeast Asia Taiwan (SEA TW) leadership and site communications.
- Maintaining relevant email distribution lists as needed.
- Support various site communication needs.
- Assist with organizational announcement review and editing, and PPT creation when needed.
- Help coordinate the local APAC translation process and review process (China, Korea, Japan).
- Provide internal merger and acquisition communications support and other integration communications when needed.
Minimum requirements & qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (or soon to graduate) from an accredited higher learning program required. Majors in Journalism or English preferred, with courses in communications and business. Candidate may be requested to submit samples of writing.
- Writing experience preferred in an employee communications environment.
- A general understanding of the scientific industry or a demonstrated capacity to quickly learn.
- Experience preferred with Microsoft SharePoint platform, intranet content editing and photo editing applications; intranet design skills a plus.
- Ability to take ownership of projects and work in a very fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable with multitasking, solid prioritization skills and proven experience meeting strict deadlines.
- Interest / Experience in building strong relationships with customers and stakeholders.
- Ability to take initiative and use good judgment.
- A visible passion for challenges and learning new skills.
- Intranet and social media tools knowledge / experience.
- PowerPoint design familiarity
- Knowledge of Excel
- Project management skills
- Great sense of humor, team player and can-do attitude would be advantageous.
- Passion for communications and eagerness to grow in the field.
Non-negotiable hiring criteria
- Commitment to integrity and delivering world-class communications
- Strong written and interpersonal communications skills
- Innovative and creative thinker
- Ability to successfully deliver projects on deadline
- Excellent organizational skills with a superior eye for detail
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, take initiative and make sound decisions