Position Title: Financial Analyst, APAC
Group: Materials and Structural Analysis (MSD)
Reports to: MSD APAC Planning Controller
This is a hands-on position and is responsible for supporting the financial planning and analysis of MSD-EM APAC financial performance. Key focus includes supporting the forecasting/budgeting process, supporting the centralized reporting function and performing forecast/budget uploads into the EPM system.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Support MSD-EM APAC financial reporting and analysis
- Ensure key deliverables and timelines for Service forecast reviews are met. Track and analyze monthly forecasts and actuals for Service Revenue, Opex, Warranty & Installation and Gross Margins by Business Unit, explaining forecast movements, identifying key drivers for changes and variances, highlighting risks and opportunities and analyzing growth trends and margins.
- Support the consolidation and reporting of MSD-EM APAC Service P&L.
- Build dashboards and support the centralized reporting function (preparation of standardized reports such as WIP Aging, Engineer Utilization and Install Base Analysis).
- Coordinate and consolidate Annual Operating Plan to ensure deliverables and timelines are met. Build templates for planning, reconciliation and review.
- Capex Tracking
- Forecast and budget uploads into EPM system.
- Ad-hoc analysis, financial modeling, consolidation or related duties as required.
2) Strong ability to work across the matrix
- Possess strong communication skills and ability to work in a complex matrix structure
- Actively participate and work closely with the Planning team, to support the Commercial Leaders and Country Finance within APAC.
Education, Experience and Requirements:
- Bachelor Degree in Accountancy, Finance or equivalent
- At least 3 years of experience in Financial Planning and Analysis and/or Accounting
- Strong quantitative and analytical capabilities with advanced Excel skills
- Applied knowledge of Hyperion Financial Management, Smart View, Oracle Essbase or EPM would be an advantage
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, hands-on, detailed and meticulous.
- Adaptable and can quickly learn ERP systems’ usage and navigation.
- Must be able to work under pressure, in a complex matrix environment