Field Service Engineer
Job ID :
South Korea - Seoul
Field Service Engineer – Global Services, Korea
Based in Seoul, Korea
Based in Seoul, Korea
- To provide excellent customer satisfaction through technical service, installation, operator training and repair of Thermo Fisher Scientific LSG instruments.
- Enhance Thermo Fisher Scientific LSG Service business and reputation by becoming the customer’s trusted advisor on Thermo Fisher Scientific LSG instruments and service products.
- Provide onsite scheduled preventative maintenance and repairs of Thermo Fisher Scientific LSG in Korea.
- Undertake product installation and operator training onsite in Seoul and other areas in Korea.
- Provide training and technical advice on instrument use, both in person and by telephone.
- Proactively resolve difficult repairs by using Thermo Fisher Scientific LSG Service Escalation process and liaising with APJ Service Specialists.
- Proactively manage personal stock of spare parts and completes paperwork in a timely manner.
- Provide an important link between customers and Thermo Fisher Scientific LSG Sales and Marketing teams.
- Discuss Thermo Fisher Scientific LSG Service Products with customers, and provide leads to Korea Service Sales Rep as they arise.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably required from time to time by senior management.
- Bachelor Degree in Electronic Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or similar.
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Field Service Engineer.
- Intermediate level written and spoken English language ability.
Connect with the Customer:
- Is customer-centric
- Anticipates needs and problems while creating solutions
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency, contagious optimism and a “can do” attitude
Find a Better Way:
- Is curious, inquisitive, innovative, never satisfied with the status quo
- Greets challenge and change as opportunity
- Has courage and confidence to take risks and learn from mistakes
- Is authentic, transparent and leads by example, holding self and others accountable
- Inspires, motivates and collaborates with others
- Stretches across borders, breaks silos and builds effective partnerships with customers and colleagues
- Embraces and leverages diversity of culture and thought
- Mostly works in the customer’s laboratory, though space for admin tasks in the Seoul office is provided.
- Majority of work is conducted in the Seoul and other areas in Korea.