Field Application Specialist, Stem Cells
The stem cell research field is rapidly expanding and recent advances in the technologies for the culture, differentiation, and gene editing of stem cells are leading to the wider adoption of these systems for disease modeling and translational applications. With this growth, the need for technical support and guidance around best practices in stem cell research is being keenly felt. The Field Application Specialist serves as the scientific expert in stem cell biology, with a focus on human pluripotent stem cells and neurobiology. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for developing and managing customer relations, conducting seminars and demos, and providing training and technical support as needed.
Training – Internal & External
- Provide field and remote support to our sales organization by providing customers with technical guidance (pre & post sales activities)
- Provide internal training across commercial teams and business units as needed
- Maintain and foster relationship with key opinion leaders (KOLs)
- Interface with the global technical training teams and share best practices across organization
- Coordinate with TSS and Services teams to provide customers with hands-on training for key products
- Support selected stem cell wet lab workshops at Thermo Fisher and customer sites
VOC & Customer Relations Management
- Act as liaison between customers, R&D, and Product Management teams
- Manage KOL relationships through routine scientific communication and updates on new product launches
- Attend conferences and events to grow technical knowledge and capture developing trends
- Present on behalf of Thermo Fisher Scientific at key global conferences
- Provide market sensing mechanism, identifying new opportunities and highlighting gaps in current portfolio
- Interface with R&D and PM teams
- Support internal business and product development efforts through feedback on innovation pipeline
- Interact with marketing teams to drive new initiatives
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of an organization and customers.
- Demonstrate judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers as well the ability to handle confidential and proprietary information.
- Must possess self-motivation, enthusiasm, a positive attitude and perform as a team player.
- Must excel in customer-facing role and enjoy interfacing with cross functional teams
- Required: Bachelors degree in Biology, Cell Biology, or related discipline. Masters or PhD strongly preferred.
- Requires extensive experience working in stem cell field with proficiency in culturing and maintaining pluripotent stem cells, reprogramming techniques, characterization, and differentiation.
- Experience in stem cell editing is highly desired
- Must possess a strong understanding of stem cell differentiation towards one or more cell types.
- Familiarity with primary neural cell culture is desired.
Works in an office and lab environment. May be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties. Candidate must be willing to travel up to 60% of time to support customers and sales specialists.