When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Job Title - District Manager Genetic Analysis Business - Africa
- Responsible for the growth of the Genetic Analysis (GA) and CSD product portfolio (Instruments, services and associated Consumables) in Direct markets, through a direct Sales team, or through Distributor partners in the stated geographic territory, in a manner that positively reflects the Company image.
- Develop and implement business strategies to achieve revenue targets
- The GA (incl high throughput qPCR instruments) and CSD business in Africa is a $8M business
- Achieve sales targets, both quarterly and annually.
- Lead and grow a direct Sales team responsible for GA and CSD in Africa
- Build a high performance team by hiring, developing and engaging highly talented and motivated employees
- Provide the company with relevant market information for the development of strategies on products and market penetration.
- Develop and execute comprehensive plans and programs to support sales of products and revenue objectives in both the short & long term.
- Impact directly upon the sales of products now and the future.
- Develops growth strategies in partnership with the direct Sales team, Distributor Managers/ Distributor and supports them to exploit those opportunities to meet or exceed plan.
- Ensures that all necessary resources needed are used efficiently and effectively in order to close sales in favour of the Company.
- Maintains and develops customer relationships on the short and long term. Focus on the strategic development of key customer relationships by implementing and updating Account / Territory Planning (across-functions).
- Has accountability and responsibility for developing and driving the broad actions in the strategic GA focus areas e.g. oncology, targeted sequencing, NIPT etc.
- Gathers, analyses and delivers information from the field to allow the company to develop strategies and products appropriate to the market. Information includes forecasting and lost order reporting as well as competitive information.
- Focuses on key accounts and key opinion leaders to drive innovation and the latest GA technology solutions into the market
- In conjunction with the Commercial organization & distributors, organizes and delivers seminars within the region to showcase the LSG GA portfolio
- Participates actively in local networks of service, support, customer services, marketing and finance to maximize area performance.
- Ensure the direct team updates and maintains the CRM (Siebel, Other ,…) tool to ensure full transparency of customer information across the organization.
- Manages the Sales Team to drive commercial growth and deliver their annual operating targets
- Coaches and develops the team to build their skills and competencies
- Work closely with the Distributor Manager and other stakeholders to drive incremental business.
- Promotes Africa within the organization
- A visionary, team-oriented sales leader, with a solid executive presence, strong communication and presentation skills, and the ability to drive sales
- High level of proficiency in technical selling skills and product knowledge within Sequencing and CSD portfolio.
- Excellent professional selling, negotiation and communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to interact with LSG colleagues and distributors at all levels
- Effective Cross-Functional communication
- Willing to travel in the assigned territory and occasionally in Europe or in USA.
- Extensive knowledge of the industry and related regulatory requirements in the region
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Will hold an academic degree (BSc/B.Tech) or has equivalent level of experience in Life Sciences. A PhD is considered desirable.
- Broad experience (5-7 years) in sales/technical sales function, and proven track record in GA or closely related business.
- Previous Channel Management experience preferable
- People Leadership experience
- Research/Bench experience in the field of Genomics will be desirable
- Full valid driver license mandatory and clear criminal record