The Microbiology Division (MBD) is a world leading manufacturer of culture media and other microbiological diagnostic products used in clinical, food and pharmaceutical laboratories. It has over 2200 employees in 24 countries, generating approximately $560M revenue.
The Director, Human Resources, N. America is an HR leadership position within MBD. The successful candidate will work effectively across a highly matrixed environment, engaging and aligning business stakeholders, translating business strategy and organizational needs into HR solutions for the N. America Operations functions, focusing on organizational capabilities, talent management, building a performance culture, and driving operational excellence.
· Develops HR strategy and solutions for the N. America operations function that align to the business and functional objectives while ensuring that the wider MBD Americas region and global functions are aligned.
· Facilitates organizational diagnosis and metrics to drive organizational effectiveness across the Americas region.
· Acts as a catalyst for change; guides and directs organizational design development and change management solutions.
· Fosters a culture of strong accountability, ownership and flawless execution.
· Coaches senior leaders on complex leadership and HR issues and creates a competitive advantage for the business.
· Develops robust talent management plans to attract, develop, engage and retain top talent.
· Works closely with leaders to drive team effectiveness and build high performing teams.
· Influences COEs owners in the shaping innovative HR solutions for the business.
· Provides leadership & management in order to build a talented, engaged, and high performing human resources team.· Evaluates work requests from the organization and determines prioritization in collaboration with the business and in alignment with the HR model. Represents HR on the Lenexa Site Leadership Team.
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree, with majors in business, human resources, psychology, or a related discipline. Master’s degree desired.
· Ten years of progressive experience in Human Resources.
· The ability to develop solid and positive professional relationships with senior leadership, subordinates and peers in a heavily matrixed environment.
· A proven track record of positive results and an ability to show his/her programs and initiatives have contributed to the growth and bottom line profitability of the organization while enhancing and driving cultural change.
Preferred Qualification, Skills and Experience:
· Experience supporting operations sites with multiple functions including commercial.
· Experience building business teams and managing in complex leadership matrixes.
· Expertise/ understanding of contemporary practices around talent, performance, change leadership and employee engagement.
· Experience managing field-based employees strongly preferred.
· Evidence of working within a matrix managed environment with proven ability to influence and drive change.
· Strategic thinking and consulting skills.
· Executive presence; Strong business partnering skills.
· Self motivated with a bias for action.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join