When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Sr Director, PPI Business System is part of the Laboratory Products Division (LPD) which unites deep scientific expertise, a collaborative culture and rich resources to deliver the lab equipment and consumables that our customers need to achieve their scientific goals – quickly, reliably and safely. Our smart lab solutions make it faster and easier for our customers to focus on what matters most – delivering answers and innovations that save and improve lives.
How will you make an impact?
The Laboratory and Products Division (LPD) of Thermo Fisher Scientific is seeking to fill the newly created position of Senior Director PPI, who will work closely with the division leadership team to drive PPI culture, tools and strategy across the Division and ensure that consistent PPI strategies are in place for all functions and business units. This position will be located in
What will you do?
- Responsible for facilitating/enabling the implementation of the PPI Business System across the Business Units and Functions in the Division.
- Diplomatically cultivate an action-biased culture of continuous improvement to improve KPIs, in the areas of Marketing, Product Management, R&D, Finance, Quality, Customer Service, HR, etc.
- Executing large strategic cross functional initiatives where needed.
- Improve the decision-making model and problem solving capabilities within high performance teams to increase autonomy and the pace of change.
- Provide support to develop lean expertise and capability within the organization at all levels.
- Provides PPI Business System Program support through program governance, project traceability, pipeline building and productivity savings tracking and reporting. Utilize consistent tools and templates and other governance mechanisms as needed.
- Lead/work with functional teams to streamline processes to improve the customer experience, enable profitable growth and become more efficient.
- Work with the expanded team to develop/promote/standardize the PPI Business System further.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science, Operations or Business.
- MBA preferred
- 10+ years of experience as a Continuous Improvement ‘Expert’.
- Experience working in the Toyota Production System (TPS), Danaher Business System (DBS), Honeywell Operating System (HOS) or other recognized Lean business system, MBB certification highly advantageous.
- Project and program management. PMP certification preferred.
- Proven track record for developing, training, and coaching teams.
- Broad knowledge of multi-functional, multi-site, global organizational processes and financial business methods.
- Strong interpersonal and influence skills and ability to cultivate strong relationships at strategic leadership and decision maker levels internally and externally.
- A holistic thinker who can look enterprise-wide to integrate and streamline Entrepreneurial; highly collaborative; self-directed, yet team oriented; results oriented; innovative and able to conceptualize, develop and scale new capabilities/functions.
- Passion for driving improvement and leading change in a complex, global environment.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally, up to 30% as needed.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.