Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
We are currently recruiting for a Laboratory Aide to join our team at Dartford on a part-time (19 hours per week) permanent basis.
This role with provide support to the PSD department by undertaking general lab maintenance and ensuring efficiency within the team.
- Production of media
- Ensure calibration of lab equipment including, pippettes
- Ensuring the equipment used is cleaned appropriately; including the use of the Autoclave
- Waste Disposal, Autoclave and dishwasher use.
- Working in line with company SOP’s
- Ensure stock levels of disposables used in the lab are maintained to allow efficient processes to be conducted.
- Manufacture of blood/media agar plates
- Any other duties deemed to be within the capability of the post holder
- Must be able to work to set operating procedures (SOPs)
What We Offer:
- Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Cover
- Flexible Benefits Package
*LI - KP1