Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Brief role summary:
A bespoke role, designed to provide on-site support for the SWIM software used with the Sensititre range of antimicrobial sensitivity testing products. This will include validating algorithms for new formats and troubleshooting or updating existing algorithms.
- Data analysis / “algorithm” development. This is the tuning of the calculations in the SWIN system to ensure that automated susceptibility results match the manual results to within defined limits.
- SWIN systems problems investigation (customer complaints and issues identified internally).
- Software tools development and systems support. Application Program suite, Brief Generation and Plate file generation.
- Plate file support. Plate file sets are sets of text files that create the records in the SWIN database required for the reading and results reporting of each plate type.
Experience in Database design (or at least excellent knowledge of database principles) and data analysis. Programming – procedural and object-oriented, Good knowledge of Visual Basic 6, MS Excel/VBA, Visual C# and T-SQL.
What We Offer:
- Private Medical Cover
- Flexible Benefits Package
*LI - KP1