Job Title: Electrical Engineer
Job Location: Hyderabad, India
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity.
Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
As a part of India Engineering Team Electronics Engineer (Firmware Engineer ) will be responsible for delivering Electronics projects for NPD, Sustaining engineering, and existing product development projects in laboratory product division. You will contribute to all phases of embedded software development. You will work on problems/projects of diverse complexity; Exercise independent judgment to identify and recommend a design solution; Acquire and apply subject matter knowledge to solve product/customer issues and implement recommended solutions.
- Derive product level requirements into system/sub system level functional requirements.
- Architecting, implementing and maintaining an Embedded Linux image for embedded products.
- Writing software in C & C++ for Embedded middleware & software developments based on Linux and associated services.
- Work independently and with vendor resources to implement new/existing product design projects requirements.
- Create, own design input & output document deliverables within the project.
- Work with cross functional teams to execute the project.
- Work with verification and validation engineers to ensure quality deliverables with thorough test plans and test execution
- Promote and create standardization and re-usable design libraries that can be reused in subsequent projects.
- Perform code Review to ensure quality of firmware developed by the design team.
- Testing software via automated methods, including but not limited to writing and running unit tests, functional tests, integration tests, and system tests, as well as manual methods
- Implement configuration management according to the project-specific software development plan
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- 8+ Years' of industry experience in application development on Linux OS
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com .
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.