When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Job Title: Applications Scientist, Chromatography Consumables
Location: USA remote, preference for Chelmsford, MA
The business segment manufactures and supplies chromatography consumables within our Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division. These products are sold to a world-wide market predominantly made up of pharmaceutical companies, universities, hospitals, government institutions and a wide range of industrial companies in varying fields of activity.
Applications and technical support play an important role in terms of determining customer perception and demonstrating the capability of the product range. We are looking to hire an Associate Application Scientist to provide strong technical support as a key differentiator for our products and services in the marketplace.
This key individual will deliver technical support services by providing technical information regarding the application of the LC, Bio LC, GC, Sample Handling and Sample Preparation products. The full range of products needs to be supported in a professional manner and this will entail travel on Company business.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
• Helps to maintain and increase product usage and supporting sales efforts through technical presentations and demonstrations.
• Provides frontline troubleshooting of issues related to user’s technical skills, method development and experimental design.
• Develops and maintains positive and collaborative relationships with customers in assigned territory.
• Works with other team members to develop sales and field applications technical training programs and participates in their execution.
• Develops and improves key company processes that support our mission of building a world-class customer support organization.
• Provides pre- and post sale support to customers.
• Self motivated to improve product knowledge and sales techniques.
Minimum Requirements / Qualifications:
• 4+ years experience in analytical chemistry with an emphasis in column technology.
• BS degree in Analytical Chemistry or similar field with 4+ years , MS degree with 2+ years, or PhD is preferred.
• Prior use of lab equipment and software packages for use and data analysis of that equipment essential.
• Prepared to travel minimum of 60%.
• Requires understanding of commonly-used HPLC, LC/MS, GC, GC/MS and SPE techniques.
• Prior field experience supporting customers using Thermo chromatography equipment preferred.
• Outstanding problem solving and interpersonal skills
• Clear vision of, and commitment to, providing outstanding customer service.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com