Position Title: QC Scientist
Position Location: Basingstoke
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Microbiology Division (MBD) sits within Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Speciality Diagnostic Group. Our customers worldwide trust our microbiology solutions for the diagnosis of infectious disease and detection of bacterial contamination.
As the global headquarters for the MBD division, the Basingstoke site is houses a large manufacturing base, scientific laboratories, as well as the corporate functions. The Basingstoke site makes a range of products under the Oxoid brand. Our products can to help ensure patients are on the most appropriate treatment plan and are intended to be used in markets including the medical, pharmaceutical and veterinary arenas.
Products include culture media and anti-microbial susceptibility tests (AST). Our culture media is used to grow or isolate particular bacteria and our ASTs can then be used by professionals to diagnose the best antibiotics for isolates. Bacteria isolated could include E. coli, MRSA, or S. pneumoniae.
Our Quality Control team test all products manufactured at Basingstoke, as well as raw materials, to ensure product quality prior to customer release. The team has approximately 30 team members who work in one of our 4 sub-teams focusing on a particular product group or material. The QC Microbiologist carries out quality control testing on the designated product group in line with the testing schedule.
- You will carry out Quality Control Testing in accordance with Oxoid test specifications and methods;
- Ensuring all test results are recorded, you will be responsible for keeping SAP Quality Management up to date;
- You will plan, track and control the progress of products under test;
- Liaising with internal stakeholders, you will provide accurate product availability dates;
- You will release raw materials and finished product against defined specifications;
- You will escalate potential problems/failures to the QC Team Leader and assist with further investigation.
- You are highly numerate and able to analyse data effectively;
- A good communicator, you are able to build and maintain collaborative relationships with a wide range of stakeholders;
- You are excellent at organising and managing your time and priorities;
- You have good basic laboratory skills and techniques including: pipetting, swabbing, streaking, pouring plates etc.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com