Job Title: Shipper/Receiver
Requisition ID: 66730BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Performs a variety of shipping and receiving tasks. Verifies materials are received as ordered and entered in ERP System. Delivers incoming items to appropriate departments/locations. Prepares items for shipment and ensure they meet customers’ requirements.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare and ship materials and/or finished goods in a timely manner according to customer requirements.
- Checks items to be shipped against sales orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routings are correct and all corresponding shipping paperwork is accurately completed
- Compares information on packing slip with purchase orders to verify accuracy of shipments and receive materials in ERP system. Also includes processing return shipments from customers.
- Inspects incoming shipments for damages or defects and records discrepancies or damages.
- Performs quality inspection on incoming items that require in house inspection prior to use. Document any nonconformities using established MDR processes
- Support interdepartmental communication relating to several groups such as Inventory Control, Manufacturing, Customer Service and Sales
- Tracking and maintaining required packaging supply levels
Comply with all company safety regulations and procedures Serve as an effective safety steward by ensuring accurate reporting of near misses and attending safety training. Operate in a safe work environment through continuous safety awareness and full compliance to all EHS programs and activities.
- Minimum 1-3 years of related warehouse experience
- Detail oriented and ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- General knowledge of postal and commercial shipping methods
- Ability to read CAD/blueprint drawings and spec sheets related to incoming inspection of parts
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Experience with Microsoft tools (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience with ERP and CRM software systems
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.