When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The System Engineer will be working in R&D Engineering group at EFA Division, Fremont, CA. The group is responsible for developing advanced circuit analysis tools to meet the demands and challenges of advanced processing of semiconductor integrated circuits that lie at the core of the Hi-Tech world.
These products are complex electro-mechanical systems that employ optics, lasers, laser scanning microscopes; IR imaging; and precision mechanical positioning systems.
Duties and responsibilities
Part of the R&D team that designs of highly customized, multi-million dollar microscopes and subsystems with nanometer resolution by working closely with, and learning from, world class Marketing, Project Management, Operations, suppliers, and engineers and scientists of diverse backgrounds.
- Applies knowledge of electronics, optics, image and signal analysis to find creative solutions to identify and localize defects and failures in the future generations of integrated circuits.
- Architect, develop and implement new options for new and existing products
- Develop engineering requirements, specifications
- Write and execute test plans to qualify sub systems and systems.
- Works independently and with other senior engineers to build or modify existing systems and experimental setup
- Tests rigorously to demonstrate that performance in various conditions is meeting targets.
- Interfaces effectively with multidisciplinary engineering colleagues to ensure that requirements are properly understood and implemented in the prototype according to the specifications.
- M.S. Physics, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering or other relevant disciplines
- 2 years of experience in Systems engineering.
- Proficient in optics, electrical engineering.
- Knowledge of Matlab, Python
- Demonstrated ability to design, setup and conduct experiments
- Creative problem solver
- Self-motivated, organized, customer focused and enjoys challenges.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.