Job Title: Product Manager, Life Science Reagents
Req ID: 66612BR
Division/Business Unit: Lab Chemical Division
Location: Fairlawn, NJ (Can be remote U.S.)
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
How will you make an impact?
Our Product Managers act as mini General Managers for their portfolio by collaborating with all business functions to ensure their products meet and exceed our customers’ expectations. The Product Manager will not only foster cross functional team work at manufacturing sites but also work across geographical regions and business units within Thermo Fisher Scientific organization to make our reagents available to researchers around the world.
What will you do?
- Works directly with customers and industry thought leaders to understand the existing and future technology needs of the marketplace.
- Partner with Market Development to use region specific voice of customer to
- Business strategy - Contribute to the Laboratory Analytical Reagents short/long term business strategy development based on customer needs and market forecasts.
- Product Launches – provides direction to R&D and leads
- Manage full product life cycle including price strategy and product discontinuation to ensure seamless customer experience and revenue transition.
- Value Proposition - Create compelling value propositions that match our core business strengths to market needs. Co-create with Market Development messaging to stimulate demand and increase customer loyalty.
- Global Alignment: Engage and align APAC Product Managers, Market Development, Country Sales Managers and Industry Directors to improve operational excellence
- Business reviews – reports proactively on the product portfolio, its performance, and any changes in the market or competition to business unit leadership.
- Training - Provide product application training, including competitive responses for all sales channels.
- Other Duties: Projects maybe assigned at the discretion of the Director, Global Market Development
- Ethics: Effectively performs duties whilst acting at all times in accordance with the Dignity at Work Policy, Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and our values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
- Process Improvement: Embraces and participates in PPI initiatives to identify improvements and cost savings to the business
- At least 3 - 5 years in a similar role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional problem solving and interpersonal skills with the ability to gain consensus and facilitate decision making within a matrix environment
- Computer skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Power Point, Word), familiarity with Cognos is a plus; effective compositional skills
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com