Job Title: Software Architect
Job Location: Hyderabad, India
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity.
Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
We are seeking a Lead Software Architect to join a thriving research and development team responsible for the development of Laboratory equipment. The candidate will work with different teams and understand the existing product functionality, new user interface requirements and define the software engineering architecture frame work to develop our next generation product. The Software Development Engineer will work through the matrix organization, interfacing with global cross functional team including R&D vendors.
- Design and implement/improve GUI application framework features/widgets that will support a wide range of Laboratory product families.
- Develop and support GUI, middleware, communications and other features required of user interface applications for devices / product.
- Work with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies in a Test Driven Development environment.
- Collect, interpret and documents system requirements.
- Participates in component, subsystem and system concept design verifying key design parameters and evaluating design options
- Develops and recommends methods, tools and designs for software development process improvement
- Experience with Qt/QML or similar UI development language
- Experience with Linux platform (or Android).
- C++ and design pattern experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong debugging skills, working with existing, complex code base
- Demonstrated strong teamwork skills
- Awareness on FDA design control and process
- Minimum 5+ years of technical experience in UI architecture development and 8+Years of experience in modular SW application architecture development for equipment.
- SQL, schema and db experience
- Android UI development experience
- XML and JSON
- Jira, Confluence and Git
- Working with agile development processes
- Analytical Instrument control software development
- Software development per ISO13485 / IEC 62304 for medical devices
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree (Engineering Discipline) in related field
- Electronics Engineering / Computer Science
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com .
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.