Job ID :
US - New York - Syracuse
- Perform sales activities on assigned accounts including recommending new products and services by evaluating current product results and identifying needs to be filled; negotiating to close sales; performing operational analysis of customers; setting pricing.
- Identifies objectives, strategies and action plans to improve short and long term sales and earnings.
- Operate as lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to assigned customers.
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key customer stakeholders to build and maintain long-term relationships with portfolio of assigned customers including physicians, hospitals, lab contacts, retail contacts and other ancillary medical professionals.
- Evaluate and expand sales in existing accounts by introducing new products and services or introducing new applications; Communicate product and service needs; Ensure the timely and successful delivery of products according to customer needs and objectives.
- Identify and grow opportunities within territory and collaborate with sales teams to ensure growth attainment through positive planning, deployment and management of sales opportunities.
- Collaborate with sales specialist, corporate account sales team or member of management as needed to develop sales strategies to improve market share in product lines.
- Complete all required administrative duties, including but not limited to reporting, maintaining files and communicating results.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in medical technology, biology, life science or related field of study or equivalent experience.
- At least two (2) years demonstrated field selling achievement with preference of selling consumable and diagnostic lab supplies and instrumentation or laboratory experience with proven increase in responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-suite.
- Confidence, tact and a persuasive manner.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to successfully collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs.
- Prior experience with salesforce.com preferred.
- Must complete and maintain vendor credentialing.
- Must have valid driver license and maintain safe driving record.
- May require 20-50% overnight travel. (Based on territory)