Division: Microbiology Division
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
We are seeking a highly motivated laboratory technician to be part of a team based in Basingstoke working on a global R&D project, developing an in-vitro diagnostic (IVD) device for the identification of microorganisms. The laboratory technician will be responsible for maintaining and improving our Basingstoke R&D laboratory and providing support to R&D staff.
- Maintaining laboratory consumables and equipment, including ordering, organizing servicing and validating equipment.
- Assisting the R&D team with the following:
- Preparation of culture media.
- Preparation of consumables for the team (solvent preparation, labelling etc).
- Cultivation and preservation of microorganisms
- Performing microbiological tests in line with SOPs and WIs.
- Completing documentation within the team and inputting results electronically with high attention to detail.
- Responsible for general housekeeping of the laboratory.
- Highly motivated and pro-active.
- High attention to detail whilst working to critical timelines.
- Requires excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Competent at using Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Relevant Laboratory experience
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Contact Elena Lambrianides directly if you have any questions- firstname.lastname@example.org