When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
This position will be in the Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division (CMD), part of Analytical Instrument Group (AIG) of Thermo Fisher Scientific. The successful candidate will be responsible for design and development of organizational Information Architecture around the scientific and business capabilities of ThermoFisher products and services. Information Architecture is an enabler for connected instruments and advanced analytics – all driving an information ecosystem.
- An active contributor to architectural definition and collaboration across CMD business units, to develop a common framework in how the instruments and client services interact and connect
- As a key member of the development team responsible for delivery of the framework including information architecture and relevant middleware
- Active role in the proof of concept development to establish technical and business feasibility.
- Enable meaningful communications between devices using contemporary semantic methodologies, domain taxonomies, and ontologies
- Evangelizes and drive technical and architectural migration to the framework.
- Strong recent hands-on design and development experience with knowledge management platforms
- Share business and technical learning with the broader engineering and product organization, while adapting approach for different audiences
- Build strong relationships with cross-functional team members and business stakeholders
- Some exposure to laboratory instruments such as Mass Spectrometer, Chromatography, LIMS or other scientific data analysis software is highly desired but not required
- Hands-on experience with W3C semantic web technologies such as RDF, SPARQL, SHAQL.
- Mass spectrometry or NGS laboratory experience is a plus
Critical Hiring Criteria:
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written, with technical and executive audiences
- Knowledge engineering experience around developing and growing a self-sustaining information architecture
- Highly motivated, self-confident with a collaborative working style that fosters participation and contribution by others
- Strong interest in Cloud based technologies and business opportunities related to the science enabled by our products
- M.S or B.S in Computer Science or related fields preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- 3+ years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to travel
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.