Sr. Scientist 3 - PRD
Requisition ID: 64541BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
How will you make an impact?
Investigates, creates, and validates new scientific methodologies used to control raw materials, production intermediates, and final products on a complex scope of projects. May be involved in pre-clinical, clinical, and/or post-marketing stages of drug development. Works on technical/scientific project activities to execute strategies and technical solutions that meet client needs and expectations. Participates in technical discussions with clients with a high level of technical proficiency. Engages in creation of processes and equipment design for clinical, scale up, and/or registration batches, including technology transfer of projects to and from clients. Evaluates and contributes to the design of manufacturing processes and supports problem solving as necessary with independent judgement. Typically works in a specific scientific area, such as analytical development, cell culture, purification, process validation, formulations, and/or manufacturing technical support. Makes decisions that require developing new options to solve complex problems.
What will you do?
- Participate in development of scientific strategy. Develop realistic proposals and timelines.
- Lead meetings/teleconferences with clients.
- Coordinate development of methods and processes that meet or exceed the expectations from clients and provide innovation as necessary.
- Coordinate research of industry practices and processes and apply to innovative drug development internally and for client products. Present recommendations internally and to clients.
- Lead projects without supervision; may lead multiple projects, including managing project timelines and deliverables.
- Guide and advise during implementation of new methodologies and processes. Solve problems related to the conduct of chemical experiments.
- Act as liaison with internal scientific, analytical, and laboratory functional areas to meet project and team objectives.
- Perform all duties in strict compliance with Standard Operating Procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Laboratory Practices and Safety guidelines. Maintain the necessary compliance status required by company and facility standards.
How will you get here?
- PhD in Chemistry.
- 8 years of progressive scientific experience in pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience working directly with clients.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of varied aspects or a specialized aspect of a discipline and working knowledge of principles and concepts in other relevant disciplines.
- Excellent knowledge of scientific methodology and development as related to the pharmaceutical industry.
- Thorough knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent critical and logical thinking skills.
- Effective written, interpersonal, and presentation skills, including managing technical discussions with internal and external clients.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to develop knowledge and skills in pharmaceutical processes, equipment, instrumentation, and procedures.
- Ability to keep current with scientific literature and industry trends relating to process technologies.
- Ability to develop technical solutions.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.