This role is located at Patheon Pharmaceuticals in Greenville, NC. Relocation assistance has been approved for the successful candidate.
The Global Senior Business Manager has a deep understanding of both the technical and business specifics with respect to the client, as well as the business requirements at each site in which the client operates. He/she will identify solutions to help the company achieve Patheon’s Global Business Strategy both for the client as well as the sites in which the client does/will do business.
The Global Senior Business Manager will build a strong foundational business relationship with a Global strategic client with respect to execution of Commercial business, which represents a high level of volume and complexity on a global scale. They will ensure a consistent client experience while also generating business growth. They will develop and maintain a global Governance Structure and relationship charter, ensure clear communication channels are established and will serve as a single escalation point of contact. They will assist and work with the Sales Organization Global Senior Account Manager in identifying, developing business opportunities, ensuring the successful completion of Technology Transfers and to maintain the Global Portfolio review.
Client Experience and Relationship Management:
- Acts as the internal client advocate globally and leader of the execution of business at all sites in which the client operates.
- Develops and manages the global business relationship with existing key accounts through understanding the client’s organization and business needs
- Leads engagement of the Voice of Customer (VOC) program, develops action plans and manages escalation process and actions globally.
Quotations and Supply Agreements:
- Prepares and submits commercial services proposals to key accounts customers.
- Represents and balances global and site interests in negotiations of technology transfer and manufacturing supply agreements.
New Business Development:
- Leverages relationship with existing key customers to identify opportunities within the global network.
- Partners with Sales to identify, assess and implement new business opportunities related to existing key clients.
- Financial and Forecast Management:
- Ensures client’s forecasts are represented accurately in S&OP process and are posted into 3-year planning model.
- Assists in development of annual commercial revenue budget.
- Seeks to understand changes, risks and opportunities to demand forecasts by exploring marketplace and gathering business intelligence to create Demand and Business Plans.
Strategic Project Management:
- Supports or leads strategic or improvement initiatives for the Business Management department at the site, regional or global level.
- Verifies contract requirements are met, in order to maximize client satisfaction and revenues from the production order, in compliance with contract requirements (deadlines and service level).
Internal Executive Reporting:
- Works with Global Senior Account Manager to create Global portfolio review.
- Prepares ad hoc Executive reports as needed.
- Assesses and requests resources as needed to meet customer needs and/or solve technical issues.
- Utilizes existing Escalation program and Executive Sponsor to address major client concerns and/or site needs to meet and exceed client expectations.
University Degree in Science, Finance and/or Business required. Masters of Business Administration (MBA) degree desired
12 years of previous related experience, with 5 to 8 years in project management, account management, sales or marketing with internal or external client-facing responsibilities. Pharmaceutical or Contract Manufacturing industry experienced. Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices and experience with budgeting and forecasting.
Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
- Ability to influence others to reach agreements adopt a course of action
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment quickly and work within and deliver critical timeline
- Ability to serve as the internal client advocate while balancing Patheon’s requirements and priorities.
- Ability to identify market opportunities for new and existing clients and/or products. Take action accordingly and dare to take risks.
- Superior communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written; fluent in the English language (+ local language preferred). Demonstration of active listening skills
- Communicating with clients and internal customers with challenging issues in a positive manner. Capable of remaining calm while managing challenging issues and maintaining optimistic outlook.
- Demonstrated commitment to our fundamental principles of Integrity, Respect and Excellence
- Demonstrated success in the managing of multiple projects in a customer service environment
- Demonstrated strong analytical and organizational skills with a business perspective and result oriented
- Dynamic, self-motivated, pro-active approach to taking on challenging assignments
- Demonstrate collaborative approach resulting in well-connected relationships
- Experience with budgeting and forecasting required
- Operates with a sense of ownership and accountability
- Regular need to attend to and decipher sensory input that requires diligence and attention to interpret effectively, due to complex and/or technical data.
- Strong analytical skills and business perspective
- Mastery of Microsoft (MS) Office Applications and working knowledge of Microsoft (MS) Project required