Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Requisition ID: 66430BR
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
- Mechanical Design Engineering to support in-house design for automated equipment.
- Create assembly, subassembly and part drawings in SolidWorks for new automated machine design
- Work closely with design team and internal procurement personnel to ensure design intent has been captured and correct parts are procured
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Ability to communicate effectively across technical disciplines
- Ability to achieve technical design solutions with minimal oversight
- Must be able to effectively manage time given multiple high-priority projects
- Strong proficiency with SolidWorks solid design and drafting
- Strong general computer literacy
- Minimum of 3 years work experience
Preferred Qualifications: (Nice to Have)
- Previous experience with automate production equipment
- Previous Bio tech industry experience
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.