When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
The Service Operations Supervisor is part of the Life Sciences Solutions Group (LSG) which is one of six groups within Thermo Fisher Scientific and is an important part of the company’s total value proposition. With an innovative and broad life sciences portfolio, a strong presence at bench, best-in-class web and e-commerce channels, industry-leading on-site supply center coverage and one of the most technically experienced sales and support teams, LSG brings incredible core strength to the broader company.
This is a Band 6 position
How will you make an impact?
The Supervisor of Service Operations facilitates an effective relationship between the Service Sales team, our Field Service Engineers and our customers through effective management of administrative processes. Functions include Logistics, Contracts, Administration and Service Products. The Service Operations Manager provides oversight of the team and drives team efficiencies to improve the customer experience.
What will you do?
- Plan and coordinate administrative procedures and systems.
- Leverage Practical Process Improvement (PPI) to devise ways to streamline processes.
- Ensure the Service Operations team meets all agreed upon Service Level Agreements.
- Utilize KPI’s to effectively measure performance and drive efficiency improvements.
- Recruit and train personnel and allocate responsibilities and office space.
- Evaluate staff performance and provide coaching and guidance to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Ensure the smooth and adequate flow of information within the support groups to facilitate business operations.
- Ensure operations adhere to global corporate policies and regulations.
- Manage schedules and deadlines for the following team functions:
- Service Administration
- Open the install, training and upgrade calls
- Maintain equipment records and warranties
- Process instrument trade-ins, returns, DOA instruments and escalation calls
- Process service billing and credits for non-contract orders
- Set up Field Service Engineer new hires / transfers and terminations in SAP and Lotus Notes
- Service Logistics
- Process consumable and part orders for field service team
- Process parts auto-replenishment and part returns
- Field inventory management
- Service Contracts Administration
- Process Service Contract quotations
- Book the Service Contracts
- Work with legal team on Government Bids’ Terms & Conditions
- Process contract cancellations
- Service Contract sales rep support
- Process up-front service sales and service invoicing
- Service Products
- Process Service quotations
- Process stand-alone orders for Fixed-Priced Preventative Maintenance and Compliance products.
- Coordinate instrument relocations
- Process FLIP/Customer Conversion quotations
- Service Administration
How will you get here?
BS/BA in business administration or related field
- Experience with quoting, booking, invoicing, and general SAP administrative duties
- SAP/E1 experience
- 2-5 years of management experience
- Experience in working across functions and establishing strong working relationships
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- In-depth understanding of office management procedures and departmental and legal policies
- Proficient in SAP, Business Objects and MS office applications with emphasis in Excel
- An analytical mind with problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Manages with a sense of urgency
- Works with minimal supervision to achieve organizational goals
- Financial Acumen – comprehends impact of booking and billing is preferred
- Six Sigma/Change Management qualifications is preferred
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com