Production Operator III
This position will be located on-site in Greenville, SC.
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How Will You Make an Impact?
You will be responsible for the execution of daily tasks associated with the manufacture of pharmaceutical products, including but not limited to the set-up of equipment, the performance of manufacturing steps according to issued instructions and the disassembly and cleaning of various pieces of production equipment.
What will you do?
The primary job function for Production Operator III is to support the Shift Lead Operator to ensure that the site daily/weekly activities within the production areas are carried out to meet overall production scheduling/timelines.
Other duties include:
- Serve as the primary batch initiator.
- Assist the shift Lead Operator (as needed) to provide oversight of critical charging events which require a second operator verification signage.
- Act as the acting shift Lead Operator in the shift lead’s absence.
- Assist in the facilitation of on the job training and help identify potential improvement opportunities for processing or employee growth.
- Document daily monitoring of the USP Purified Water System and the general manufacturing plant readings as required.
- Responsible for performing USP Purified Water System Sanitization on the regularly scheduled basis.
- Assist the Lead Operator in verifying that all monthly Work Orders which have been provided to ensure the facilities are current with Production PM’s are completed and submitted to Maintenance for closure.
How will you get there?
High school diploma or equivalent is required. BS in Chemistry or Biochemistry strongly preferred.
Minimum of 3 years of experience in a manufacturing/mechanical environment required. Experience with reactors is required. Pharmaceutical or GMP environment is strongly preferred.
Equivalent combination of education and experience can be considered.
This position has been approved for relocation assistance.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.