Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Tax Analyst in our European Centre of Excellence based in Paisley.
Reporting to the VAT Manager you will support the Global VAT compliance and planning as well as supporting the Global Corporate Tax function, contributing to the support of Global Finance systems and processes, critical for the needs of Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the day to day VAT activities across the EMEA region, applying VAT knowledge to situations and addresses complex VAT issues with Management.
- Supporting Corporate Tax activities working with the Senior Tax Manager.
- Interacting with the wider Tax Department in Europe, APAC and the United States
- Preparing & reviewing VAT Returns, Intrastat Reporting and EC Sales Lists within EMEA
- Supporting compliance with EMEA VAT requirements, implementing/maintaining internal control checks and reconciliations during the reporting/filing process to mitigate risk
- Taking a leading role during external and internal audits within the CoE
- Providing support on other external and internal audits within the wider organisation
- Calculating corporate tax provisions and reviewing of corporate income tax returns
- Supporting international corporate tax accounting and compliance
- Experience in VAT compliance, gained within the profession or industry
- Qualified Accountant
- Fully proficient with MS Excel
- Strong analytical and reconciliation skills, dependability, organisation skills with accurate attention to detail
- Knowledge of SQL, Hyperion, Cognos, E1 and or SAP preferred
- Well organised with the ability to work to deadlines
- Good team player
- Free on site parking
- Subsidised on site gym
- Pension scheme
- Flexible benefits