Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
We are recruiting for two full-time, permanent Material Handlers to join our team at Inchinnan, Paisley.
Working in a team based environment to perform material handling duties within a busy warehouse, duties include picking & packing of customer orders to meet tight deadlines ensuring orders are shipped right first time/on time.
- Perform warehouse duties in line with current SOP’s and in compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practice. Fully embrace company’s PPI (Practical Process Improvement Program) 5s.
- Required to work in a warehouse environment under various temperatures including room temperature (-2 to 8c cold room) and /or freezer-room (minus 15-25 degrees F).
- Required to safely operate distribution equipment, as required, i.e. Counter balance and Reach truck are essential. Full up-to-date license is desirable.
- Must have excellent PC skills to use in house software packages for Pick/Pack/Ship daily of customer orders.
- Will be required to stand for extended duration's.
- Required to routinely push and pull and/or lift up to 25kg on a regular basis.
- Required to walk and may occasionally sit, kneel, crouch
- Required to handle “packaged” hazardous materials.
- Maintain records to comply with regulatory requirements, GMP’S and SOP’s.
- Operate and maintain mechanical equipment.
- Perform any in process checks.
- Perform duties in a safe and efficient manner, ensuring housekeeping standards are met.
- Supportive of changes.
- Considered as highly valuable team member by operators, peer group and managers
- High level of motivational skills.
- Has good understanding of key indicators which drive harmony and continuity of business needs.
- Is proactive in resolving issues before they get out of hand or impact
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives
Forklift license for both Reach and Counter balance models is desired. Experience of working in a warehouse environment is required and knowledge of computer systems would be advantageous.
The successful candidate will work well in a team, be fully flexible and will be willing to work overtime at short notice if and when required to meet the needs of the business.
This role is in a work environment where the noise level is usually moderate to high.
Works in a warehouse environment, may be required to lift up to 25kgs and may stand for long periods of time and/or have to walk for long periods of time. Ability to work in a temperature controlled environment and ability to handle hazardous goods.
What We Offer:
- Free onsite car parking
- Pension scheme
- Private Medical Cover
- Onsite gym
- Flexible Benefits Package
*LI - KP1