About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Job location: Basingstoke
Brief role summary:
Responsible for the roll out of the process across all European countries and the production of relevant reporting to assist in continuous improvements.
This is a new role for the European team so would suit someone with experience in Contract Management and who has commercial and tender knowledge.
- Work with all European countries to understand current processes and best practices with a view to creating a quality and standard process / system across Europe and ultimately worldwide.
- Identify common questions within tenders and work with stakeholders to provide high quality appropriate responses for sales to use. Create a reference database for this information ensuring robust version control.
- Engage with and build a network of functional experts for the assistance in providing continued updates for the tender response database to ensure accurate and timely responses to our customers
- Identify a harmonized system / process for tender management, educate and roll this out to the sales community within the countries
- Monitor the use of the system to recognize risks and areas for improvements and encourage user feedback to ensure optimum process performance
- Generate appropriate business reports to demonstrate successes and areas for improvement
- Continuously seek opportunities to improve tender submission content, and internal stakeholder engagement with the tender process
- Be a focal point and subject matter expert for all European countries for the tender process.
- Strong data analysis skills
- Good communicator at all levels with proven ability to coordinate activities and influence actions across a team of resources
- Experienced in creating new processes
- Ability to conceptualise and think creatively
- Understanding of the sales cycle and processes
- Experience of working on Bids and Tenders preferred
- Results driven, with a strong desire for continuous improvement
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Technical sales environment
- Experience using Microsoft Office, CRM and SAP an advantage
- Industrial knowledge in both consumable and instrument businesses preferred
- Experience of working across different countries would be advantageous